Teacher: Mr D. Neill
Teaching Assistants: Miss Pooley and Mrs Seymour
This Week's Learning
It has been assessment week this week and I couldn’t be prouder of the children. They all demonstrated excellent, mature attitudes and persevered throughout the week – if anything, they got stronger as the week went on. They have completed reading, writing, maths and GPS assessments and they should all be very proud of their attitudes and the progress they have made since the beginning of the year.
Art – we have focussed on drawing eyes, lips and noses this week in preparation for completing our ‘smiling portraits’ next week
PE – Basketball
Growth-Mindset – we looked at some famous mistakes and how they help us to learn
Spanish – we have continued to look at colours
- If you need to contact me please don’t hesitate to email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework continues this week – the children have the same spellings as last week as we didn’t have time to look at them in class this week and another assessment seemed a little unfair. There is however a new reading comprehension and some maths challenges.
- Owing to the turn in the weather please send the children in with suitable footwear to use in our outside (grassy) area during break times.
- Some children will be receiving extra focused teaching from Mrs Moore in small groups for maths and English. This may be extension work or support work that should impact and improve their overall achievement in Year 6.
- Please ensure your child is bringing in a bottle of water every day. Water only please – no squash.
- Tuesday afternoons will be a mixture of PE and Forest School. The children know which group they are in (for now) so should come to school dressed appropriately for PE or Forest School.
- Our whole-class PE session continues to be on Friday afternoons so the children should come into school in their PE kit. PE kit should be a white t-shirt, black shorts or jogging bottoms and their school jumper.
We will do the Daily Mile on Tuesday and Wednesday – if the children wish to, they may bring in a pair of trainers for this – they should still come to school in their uniform and wearing school shoes.
Have a great weekend,
Below is a photo of our year 6 classroom.
Owl Class have been enjoying a range of curriculum experiences this term, including using their observational drawing skills in art, learning basketball skills in PE and looking at feedback and praise to develop their growth mindset.
Please click on the link below to practise our whole school Christmas song: Jingle Bell Rock
Please click on the links below to practise our song at home:
Song with vocals - https://soundcloud.com/user-926917663/clap-vocal/s-J6j3SV2VQPl
Instrumental version - https://soundcloud.com/user-926917663/clap-instrumental-by-charlotte-harding/s-31AKoUaSmqI